Sunday 6 March 2016

HEAVY WEARS THE CROWN

Then you have a mentally ill wife, a son lost in his own world and an ex-daughter banished forever, you are left undisputed master of your home. What I say goes! I like to think I don't abuse this power, and my central priority is the dependents. 

It is however lonely. With the other two clueless and unable to do anything, I am sole housekeeper  responsible for maintenance and upkeep, and meeting the various needs of Missus. When you feel low, you can't just stop, you still have to get on with the cooking, cleaning, ironing, laundry and shopping. When I'm upset, I can't turn to them - they care but they can't do anything useful to help. 

Yes I have unprecedented freedom and comfort, and I'm loved - for this I'm profoundly grateful, but there's no one to look after me. When you're low, that's when the loneliness really bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment