Friday 4 March 2016

WORK

Bizarrely, she's the patient but also the chief breadwinner. She's always been good at getting jobs, as she comes across in interviews so positive. Holding them down is another matter, but she has now held down this one as a classroom assistant (clerical rather than child support) for ten years. She must be doing something right, though I don't know how much slack she is cut or how well she performs.

I kept her illness to myself until the day she shared her delusions with a colleague and was sent home for six weeks pending an assessment. The Psychiatrist attached to Occupational Health diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenia, but that it was well-managed and she was fit to work. Since that time, the cat has been out of the bag and I've shared the matter openly. 

She went back to work and there have been no incidents since.

I bring in income from my Hypnotherapy Practice and a weekend job at ASDA, but it's less than Missus earns over the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment